| She is very well, thank you. 她很好,谢谢。 |
| I have a dog, but it's very quiet. 我有一只狗,不过它很安静。 |
| He is on his way. 他现在已经在路上了。 |
| There is no such thing as a great talent without great will-power. 没有伟大的意志力,便没有雄才大略。 |
| I'm glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到你。 |
| Losers are always in the wrong. 胜者为王,败者为寇。 |
| What's the population of china? 中国有多少人口? |
| Do you have any suggestions for me? 你对我有什么建议么? |
| 别误会我。 Don't get me wrong. |
| 自我克制是勇气的另一种形式。 Self-control is courage under another form. |
| 如果天气好的话,我们就去公园了。 "If it had been fine,we would have gone to the park." |
| 人须自立。 Every tub must stand on its own bottom. |
| 生活是一种艺术,要在不充足的前提下得出充足的结论。 Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions form insufficient premises. |
| 荣誉和舒适难成伴侣。 Honour and ease are seldom bedfellows. |
| 我非常感谢你的帮助。 I really appreciate your help. |
| 这周末你干什么? What will you do during this weekend? |
| 一盎司谨慎抵得上一磅黄金。 An ounce of prudence is worth a pound of gold. |
| 对教育家来说,时间就是知识。 Time is knowledge for educationists. |
| sore a. 疼痛的;恼火的;极度的,剧烈的 |
| gauge n. 标准尺寸,(铁道)轨矩;(雨量)器;(电线)直径;vt. 测量;估计;评价(人物) |
| protract vt. 延长,拖延 |
| caustic a. 腐蚀性的;苛刻的,刻薄的 |
| typhoon n. 台风,强热带风暴 |
| omit vt. 疏忽,忘记;遗漏,省略 |
| lament v. 悲痛,哀悼;n. 挽歌,挽诗 |
| discharge v./n. 卸货;排出(液体,气体);开(炮等);释放;偿付 |